Sunday, August 18, 2013

Studio City Farmer's Market New Parking Restrictions

Over the past number of weeks, the shopping center on the corner of Laurel Canyon and Ventura where the Von's is located, has been cracking down on parking. I actually bank in that shopping center and a while ago I mentioned to the teller that it was hard just to make it to the bank there since every time I came by, there was no parking. She told me they were about to start enforcing parking restrictions that say you can only park there for two hours if you are shopping in that complex. They were noticing that people were parking there and either shopping there, then walking down Ventura for more shopping and leaving the car there for hours on end or just not even shopping there but going somewhere nearby.  Well, this has been going on for a number of weeks and I've already seen the backlash from it. One day I was meeting some friends at Mexicali and they were a little late. Needless to say, after them being late and ordering and chatting, next thing I knew, 2 hours was up. It was a bit of a pain, that I had to go move my car in the middle of dinner to avoid being towed. And then today I drove to the Studio City farmer's market and there were barricades that said no farmer's market parking. I drove in the lot anyway to run by the bank and it was 3/4 empty. Now, I see both sides of this. One, from a person who banks there and couldn't find parking.  But from another who doesn't want to move my car every two hours and doesn't want to drive in circles forever on Sundays to look for parking for the Farmer's Market. And those of us that go there know that you can't even really drive in circles very easily because there aren't a lot of places to just turn around and look for more parking.  So, what is the solution? And is this going to help or hurt the businesses in this complex?
                                                                  
     

No comments:

Post a Comment