2. When buying a home you must show some type of proof that you have liquidable funds in an account to cover the down payment and closing costs at the time you make the offer.
3. If you buy a home while single, then get married, your spouse may automatically be half owner under our state's community property law.
4. If you are a renter, you may be legally required to obtain renter's insurance and provide a copy to your landlord.
5. When buying a home, the previous owner is suppose to not only disclose is someone passed away in the home in the past three years, but they may also be required to disclose if they have experienced any paranormal activity in the house.
6. Here is California, home inspectors are not legally required to carry insurance, hold a license, or have any real background in order to perform a home inspection.
7. If you are a renter, it can be considered a violation to smoke in or in close proximity to the home you are renting.
8. When buying a home, just because you've been approved for a loan, does not mean they are going to give it to you when you put an offer on a home.
9. If you are a certain age and live in LA, you may be able to transfer your current property tax amount to a whole new home in LA.
10. If you own your own home, you may be eligible to upgrade your doors, windows, roof, add insulation and solar panels and then attached that cost onto your property tax bill which will be spread out over many years.
11. If you are thinking of buying or selling your home, you should work with someone who is in the know of real estate laws and regulations. Call me today if you have any questions about these facts or would like to find out more about buying or selling your home.