Saturday, August 31, 2013

Meeting Your Agent For The First Time

I met with some new clients today at a local cafe. I like to sit down and talk about what to expect when looking for a home and also bring them a copy of the purchase contract to go over with them.  They had a lot of really good questions and we had the chance to talk about the time frames of the contract, the contingencies and a number of other things. I explained to them about the inspections and appraisal.  How those work, and what they can cost. We also talked about legal matters, good faith deposit vs down payment and some other things.  When we went to leave, the couple told me they had met a few other agents, but not one had gone over any of these things with them or taken the time to ask of they had any questions. I know it seems like a lot of our time is spent opening a front door and saying "here is the house, what do you think?" but if you are working with a good agent, they should take time out to explain the process to you and go over the contract well before you are looking to sign one. I know I'm not the only agent out there that does this but I must say I'm disappointed that I was the first this couple had met that went through this with them. But that is neither here nor there because they are in good hands now, but if you are working with an agent that hasn't done these things yet...please ask them to sit down with you and go over them.  It is really only to your benefit to understand how getting an offer accepted works and they days following an accepted offer might look.  Cheers and have a great labor day.

                                                                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment