Monday, March 16, 2015

6 Things You Need To Do When Looking To Buy A Home

If you are about to start looking to buy a home, you will need to do these things to start your process:

1. Most important! Talk to a loan officer and see what your budget will be. Most people like to look up online a mortgage calculator and try to figure out where their price range is but what you can pay each month, can be very different from what you may qualify to buy.  And you really don't want to start looking at houses, fall in love with something and not be able to put an offer in (since you will need a letter from your lender to be submitted with your offer)
2. Get an idea of what areas you will be interested in. Some people can afford to live exactly where they want, while others' budgets limit them.  So be open to a few extra suggestions on areas as well.
3.  Make a list of the things you MUST have in a home and the things you HOPE you can get and just keep the list handy to look at when seeing homes.
4.  Find a good realtor.  Ahemmm. That would be me! I've lived in and sold homes from Mid City LA, West Hollywood, Hollywood, Los Feliz, Thousand Oaks, San Gabriel Valley, Santa Clarita and all of the San Fernando Valley (which is where my office is located) So shoot me a call and if you live further out than where I am, I know a network of great realtors that I can point you to as well.
5.  Look at the homes I send you as well as sites like Realtor.com and Zillow for homes as well (although stay clear of looking at the "Zestimates" that Zillow shows on their site.  Doing that is like going down a rabbit hole of no-good.
6. And lastly, go to some open houses and book appointments with me to see houses in person.  A lot of people change what they may think is important or not important once they start seeing homes in person. 

I can't wait to help you find your next home or sell the one you have now so don't wait and call me so we can get started!
                                                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment