Wednesday, October 8, 2014

My Own Home Buying Experince: Part 3

Well, if you read My Home Buying Experience: part 2 you know that I put an offer in on a home where they were asking $60,000 more than the home across the street that had a huge view and sold just a few months ago (pretty much the same house in all regards). They decided not to respond to my offer which they felt was low but I felt was more in line with the comps and what it was really worth.  Well, this realtor came back to me and asked me to resubmit my offer a few weeks later.  He said they had already had an offer that was near the asking price a few weeks back and that is why they would not consider my first offer.  So, I resubmitted the same offer as before. And as I wrote in my last blog, the home across the street sold for $60k less than what this home we were interested in was asking.  And according to the photos of that house that sold, it looked very nice and was completely remodeled. While this home we put an offer on and remodeled their downstairs but nothing upstairs. After speaking with the listing agent, he asked me if I had personally walked through the house that sold and I told him I had not.  He told me that the house had renters in it before it sold and that the photos were extremely deceiving, that the renters had really left the house in poor shape and that is why it sold at the price it did.  So I did my homework and called the agents that sold that home across the street and asked them about the house and the condition that it was in when it sold.  I was told that there were renters in the home but that they moved out and that is when the owner spent a lot of money to remodel the home then sell it.  I was extremely disappointed in this listing agent...I feel it is people like him that give good realtors a bad name.  And I know that there are many many more great realtors out there than the slimy ones but unfortunately, there are still some.  My husband and I were firm with our original offer which was more reflective of what the home's value would be at but again, they decided not to take the offer.  So, that just tells me that this is not the right home for us and that the right one will come up soon.  Moving on.....

No comments:

Post a Comment