Sunday, October 20, 2013

Real Estate Market or Roller Coaster?

It is October 2013 and the real estate market this year has really been looking like a roller coaster over the past 12 months. I could barely beg my clients last year during the summer to buy...then around November/December my phone was ringing off the hook for many months. The rates took a slight climb around June and things started to slow down (compared to the speedier prior 6 months).  The summer looked like the ride was leveling off and going at a good pace.  Now, I'm wondering if we will repeat the look of last year or just coast till Spring of next year.  These things now are evident...once again, we are starting to see a lack of homes for sale. The homes that were out there, were selling if they were priced right but there seems to have been a shift that coincided with the recent government shut down (or maybe it's just because the seasonal holidays are coming closer but I'd like to blame it on the shut down anyway:) But here is my prediction for the winter months to come and how the real estate market will fare. And if you've been following my blog for a couple years now, you know I have been right on about my predictions. But as my husband says...I can't always be right...we'll see about that.  Fact is, these holiday months are typically a slow time in house sales. Most people don't want to move around holidays and cold/wet weather.  But last year didn't keep anyone from going out and looking and the places that were for sale were snatched up the minute they had a for sale sign out front. I think if you are thinking about selling, this may be a good time to market your house. Reason being is that again, there won't be much competition out there. And yes, rates have wiggled around again but lets face it folks, they don't look to be going back down again, they are still remarkable rates, and there is only one way for them to go from here...and I think buyers are thinking that exact same thing and they don't want to gamble with where the rates will be in the spring. I don't think we will have the frenzy we had last year with house sales but I think if you market and price your house well, you will have a great chance of selling it to a great buyer with great conditions on your side. And if you are a buyer out there looking to buy, I think you will start to see a lack of homes to choose from. That being said, that doesn't mean there won't be any good homes out there...it just takes one home to fit you to be the right home and when you find it, I suggest you move quickly and don't dilly dally. I think we will see one more small climb on this roller coaster before it takes it's tracks to a smooth level ride.  But we will see.  And that is my prediction for the winter of 2013/2014. Please call me if you live in the Los Angeles area and are thinking about buying or selling your home. I am always happy to help.
                                                                 

No comments:

Post a Comment