Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Questions You Should Be Asking Agents Regarding Listing Your Home

So you are thinking about selling your home and now you need to hire a real estate agent to help you. Most likely, you are going to interview with some agents that you just get a good feeling from.  But what else do you need to know about them and the job they are going to do for you? Well, here are some questions you may want to ask:



1. How often do you directly communicate updates to me- verbal vs. writing?

2. What is your sale ratio? (how many have you sold vs how many were cancelled/expired or taken off the market?)

3. Do you or your company charge any other “fees” besides the commission we agree upon?

4. What is the average length of time for your listings to sell?
  
5. How quickly is my property exposed to the market and other brokers?


6. What type of social media do you use and how will you use it to promote my property? And how else do you advertise my home?

7. Can I see examples of the flyers or mailers, as well as the photographer's work you will use to promote my home? 

8. Tell me the pros and cons of listing my place higher or lower than what you suggest the price should be. 

9. Do you suggest to have open houses? Agent caravan's open houses? Private showings where you meet the buyer here? A lock box on my property? A sale sign out front or not?

10. If you leave town, or are unavailable for any reason while my house is for sale, what is the plan? 

11. What separates you from your competition?

12. If I hire you to list my home, can you, or would you, submit offers that you wrote for perspective buyers and if so, what are the pros and cons of doing that?

                                                                     

And as always, when you are thinking about buying and selling your home, please consider calling me. I am happy to help you anytime.

No comments:

Post a Comment