Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Why Using A Local Realtor Is So Important

I just had a good friend of my husband's decide to list their home in San Fransisco.  He spoke to my husband and I was asked if I could do real estate transactions up in that area.  Well, yes, technically I can because my license is good in all of California.  But would it be wise of me to list a home up there?  No.  And I told our friend that same thing.  But another friend of his who holds a real estate license that lives here in LA had offered to list our friend's San Fransisco home for him. I did some research and found an excellent agent up in San Fransisco that knows the area like the back of his hand and does a lot of work there. I put the two in touch hoping that having a conversation with that Realtor, and also having had a couple long conversations with myself, would sway him to work with a local realtor. And the reasons to do so are endless...things such as the first hand knowledge the local realtor has of the market, the relationships he holds with other realtors, escrow officers, loan officers, inspection people etc.  Also the local marketing he will be able to do, the disclosures that are specific to that area that the seller will need to give to a buyer that someone from out of town would not know about and on and on....but here is a basic question:  Would you ask your friend that lives 6 hours away from you what the best local sushi restaurant is near your house?  Probably not.  So why would you put the sale of your home in the hands of someone who doesn't know your home?

As realtors we are part of a large network of other realtors within our own state and in most other states across the country.  If you are looking for an agent outside of LA, let me find someone for you.  I can interview them, look up their credentials, and know the right questions to ask to see if they would be a good fit for you. 
                                                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment