Saturday, April 12, 2014

Do Realtors Try Working In A Certain Price Range Of Homes?

One of the great things about Los Angeles is that you can drive down many areas and have multi-million dollar homes on one block, then a minute later you could be in a neighborhood where the homes are closer to $600k. Some of these homes were built in the 1940's where others are less than 5 years old.  And we have our traditional Ranch style homes mixed with Tudor houses that can be right next to Spanish Revival homes.  That being the case, most of us work with an array of different home prices.  It is not uncommon for me, as well as most realtors, to sell anything from a first-time buyer's condos to estates and everything in between.  And for a realtor to say they only work with certain priced homes is, in my opinion, not a great way to work.  See, my ultimate goal as a realtor is to make my clients happy.  Nothing brings me more business than referrals and word-of-mouth from people I know and past clients. And if I do a great job for a first time buyer on their condo, then maybe they're family that has owned their home in the hills for many years will want to work with me too.  And it goes the other was as well...if I sell an estate to someone and they mention me as a terrific realtor to work with at a dinner party, then maybe someone there is ready to move from their first home into a neighborhood fit for their growing family. And I want to make everyone I work with feel as if they are just as important as the next, because ultimately...they are.  Everyone's money and investments are very important to them no matter what price range they are in.  Their questions about the market, or disclosures they are given, are all very pertinent to each person.  And making sure that each client can reach me, get answers to questions they have, and feel safe about asking me whatever they need answered, is my goal whether your home is $2,000,000 or $300,000.  Because I want the same result from each client I work with, and that is more clients I can do a great job for in the future. It all comes back to referrals...and that is how I stay successful as a realtor.  Now, there are some realtors that generally stick in very high-markets, but chances are that if you are working with someone on your million dollar home, that they have also recently sold one for less than half of that as well...and you always want someone who gives the same quality of their attention to both. 

                                                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment