Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Does My Agent Get Kick Backs From Recommending Certain Businesses Or Vendors?

Something tells me that you have thought to yourself, "Why is my real estate agent recommending these certain professional people and what do they get out it?".  Sometimes I can tell that my clients think this even if they don't ask...but, why not ask?  I say go ahead and see what your agent says. Because here is the scoop you've all been waiting for:

There are a number of people your agent might suggest you call and see if they can help you during your home buying process. Some of these people are general inspectors, roof, chimney and sewer inspectors. You may get the contact info of a few different loan officers and also an escrow company.  So why are you getting these people's contact information? And what do I get out of giving them to you? Well.....I get peace of mind.  Not the answer you thought you'd hear, right? Well, it's true. These people are people that I have worked with before or have been referred to me by other people I trust. When it comes to getting a house sold, whether you are on the selling side or buying, it is important that you use people that are good at what they do. It's not just as simple as calling an inspector and asking for their prices. I mean, does this inspector really know what they are talking about? Are they going to explain it to you in a way that you can understand? Are they going to point out the difference between what type of work needs to be done now and what can be done in the future? If you were looking to get your car repaired, would you just look over the yellow pages and choose someone or would you go with a person that is recommended to you? Well, who could be a better person to ask than someone who works with these people on a regular basis?

And if you think getting a loan funded and closed on time is just a matter of going over your financial papers and checking your credit then sitting back and waiting to hear a "yes" or "no" about the loan, then you are really in need of some recommendations. The loan officers are much more than the fees they charge.  They really need to know there way around HUD houses, FHA loans, investor ratios in condos, and all the lovely hiccups that are almost inevitable in every loan process.

So, yes, I may ask if you want me to send you some numbers of some loan people. And yes, I will ask you if you already have some inspectors names in mind. But to answer that burning question...No, I don't get anything when you call them besides knowing who they are as professionals and understanding how they work.
                                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment